5 of The Things You Must Learn About Augmented Reality Cards Even Before Start Thinking to Consider it for Your Business or in Christmas Greetings: Augrealitypedia
Do you use business cards? Yes, definitely you should use it for your business trip or meetings. But, don’t you think your business card is just a rectangular piece of paper for many people you meet. OK, let me tell you two major reasons for that. 1) Your Business card is not having enough information on it. And, 2) Your Business card is not different from others. I know, it must be very difficult for you to put a lot of information on that tiny piece of paper. Augmented Reality Cards can easily solve your problem. But, wait! before coming to any conclusion, I have something for you.
5 Things to learn about Augmented Reality Cards
I assume that you must know a little about Augmented Reality (AR). For new-comers, Augmented Reality is the real-time integration of digital contents into the real world. And, this integration literally does the magic in Augmented Reality Cards.
#1. What are the Augmented Reality Cards?
OK, lets understand it with one example. Imagine, your loved one has sent a greeting card to you. You have received the card well fragranced with your favourite perfume. While reading, you just hover your mobile over it. And, voila! his/her video-message has started playing on your mobile. But, why this has happened? This is because, the greeting card which your loved one has sent you is not a regular card, rather its an Augmented Reality Card. In a nutshell, I can say that Augmented Reality Cards are the physical cards augmented (enhanced) with digital contents (e.g. video) embedded into it. Moreover, it also holds good for your Augmented business cards. Here, apart from mentioning your name, Job-title, email-id and mobile number, you can easily blend digital information like, personalized video, 3D product catalog, etc. in your physical business card.
Do check above YouTube video for Augmented Reality business cards in action. By infusing relevant digital contents into your regular business card will certainly convert it more interactive and informative for others. So, next time when you go out for a business trip, don’t forget to keep some Augmented Reality business cards with you.
#2. Why you should consider Augmented Reality Business Cards?
Exchanging Business cards are still the best way that you can use for introducing yourself to others in a business meeting or in any function. But, just providing the conventional Business card is not enough in this competitive era. You should use more innovative approach like Augmented business cards for this purpose. But, why you should consider it? OK, to help you out, I have listed out 3 major reasons :-
- You can easily convert your existing business cards into Augmented Reality Business Cards. And, this will cost you almost zero. All you need a free application to generate AR marker/image. And, then just attach this AR marker (AR code) on your existing card (like a hologram).
- Using Augmented business cards will certainly put a very impressive effect and help you to stand out from your competitors. Due to the interactive feature of Augmented reality cards, people will remember you (your brand) for a long time. Also, at any point of time, if your client has any specific query, he can just scan the card with his/her mobile and all information will pop out on the screen in the real-time.
- With the help of Augmented reality, literally you can infuse limitless information in your tiny business card itself. Its like virtually carrying a full catalogue, company presentation, 3D realistic products samples, etc. with you.
Do check below YouTube video to know what Augment can convert your business cards into augmented business cards.
Thus, consider Augmented reality cards for your business and let your prospective client to see your company presentation and product brochure anytime anywhere. Going one step ahead, you can always up-to-date these information keeping the physical business card same.
#3. How do Augmented Reality Cards work?
As the name suggests, Augmented reality cards utilize the amazing technology of Augmented reality. More specifically, it works on marker-based approach. In order to make it work, only two things are required:-
- Physical card with AR marker printed on it:- First of all, you need a physical card with the AR marker printed on it. This card can be anything like, Business card, Greeting card, even your wedding card. And, AR marker can be a symbol, an image or even your own photograph. Here, important is to link AR marker with the digital content which is supposed to pop up on the mobile devices. AR Apps like Layar, Zapworks, Augment are the few applications that you can use to generate your desired AR marker and link it further with the digital contents.
- Augmented Reality App:- So, you have designed an eye-catching Augmented Reality Card with AR marker printed on it. What’s next? OK, let me tell you. The person (e.g. prospective client, friend, relatives) to whom you have handed over your card will require an AR App on his/her smart-phone/tablet. This is required to scan your Augmented Reality Cards (e.g. business, greetings, wedding, etc.). Furthermore, it should be the same application, which you had used to generate AR marker.
Thus, when your client (or, friend) hover his/her mobile towards this augmented business physical card, camera of the device start recognizing the image (AR marker) printed on it. And, based on the image, application (AR App) triggers the embedded digital contents in it. Moreover, these digital contents can be pre-recorded video, animation, presentation, product catalogue or even realistic 3D models.
#4. What are the different Types of Augmented Reality Cards?
On the basis of uses, Augmented reality cards can be categorized into 3 Major Types :-
1. Augmented Reality Flashcards:-
Look-wise, these Flashcards are very similar to those paper cards, your kid used to play and learn alphabet. unlike conventional flashcards, in these cards, Augmented reality is utilized to make them more interactive. And, when your kid scan the card (with a letter printed on that) using a mobile device, he/she can visualize a realistic 3D image of an animal starting from that letter. Moreover, these type of Augmented reality cards help kids to learn alphabet with fun.
2. Augmented Reality Greeting Cards:-
In this digital world of communication, you regularly send mails, sms, chat messages, etc. to your loved ones. But, if I am not wrong, at special occasions, like birthday, Christmas, New year, you still love to send physical greeting cards to them. By using Augmented reality, you can embed digital contents like your personalized video, Animation, etc. in these physical greeting cards. And, when the person to whom you have sent this greeting card, scans it with his/her mobile, these digital contents just pop up on the screen. Thus, unlike e-mails and messages, Augmented reality greeting cards allow you to share your personalized message (e.g. video) and physical greeting cards at the same time. Moreover, you can check below YouTube video to see an Augmented Reality greeting card for wedding invitation.
Thus, next time whenever you will be planning to send a greeting card, be ready to surprise your loved one by sending Augmented Reality cards instead of a conventional one.
3. Augmented Reality Business Cards:-
As I have already explained above, Augmented business cards are although similar in size and look to your existing visiting card but enriched with Augmented reality technology. Thus, this type of Augmented reality cards are “more than just a rectangular piece of paper” and infused a lot of virtual contents in itself. Moreover, you can check this article from Mashable. It has a very nice collection of different types of Augmented reality Business cards.#Augmented Reality Cards are More Than Just a Rectangular Piece of Paper Click To Tweet
#5. How to create Augmented Reality Business Card?
OK, till now I have covered all about Augmented reality cards. So, what next? Next, I will tell “how you can create the AR cards by yourself?”. And, for this purpose, a number of AR tools are available. For your convenience, I have listed out few of them as below:-
- Wikitude studio
- Metaio Creator
By using any of the above tool, you can easily create Augmented business cards by your own. Do check below YouTube video to know how Blippbuilder can help you in designing Augmented reality cards.
Furthermore, some interesting AR apps like “Kookaburrar“, “AR-Business Card” and “TroisPixel AR Card” are also available. By using these user-friendly applications, you can easily infuse Augmented reality technology into your Business cards. And, it will literally bring life into them.
In summary, I can say that using Augmented Reality Cards are one of the best way to start communication in a meeting or party. Marker-based Augmented reality has used in these cards. Thus, by just scanning the card with your mobile device, virtual information (embedded into it) pops up on the screen. And, regardless of its tiny size, it allows you to carry and share a lot of digital data. Also, due to almost zero cost and real-time integration of limitless digital information in it, you should definitely consider it for your business. Moreover, use of Augmented reality cards are not limited to business only rather it has extended to flashcards, greeting cards, holiday cards and even wedding cards. Furthermore, you can design your own AR cards. And, if you need some ready-made solutions, a lot of AR Apps are also available to assist you.
That’s all from my side. In comment section, let me know what you have liked most and how you will use Augmented Reality Cards in your day-to-day life? And, If you like my post, do share it with your friends. Also, to keep updated about Augmented reality, don’t forget to subscribe on my website. Additionally, visit my Facebook page and do follow @Augrealitypedia on Twitter.